Name of company
Green Driving School
- These terms and conditions set out the basis on which you can use our website and place orders for items from Green Driving School. By ordering goods from Green
Driving School you are deemed to have understood and accepted these terms. The supplier of the goods featured is Green Driving School (““we”, or “us”).
- You may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone calls to and from Green Driving School may be recorded or monitored as part of our efforts to further improve service to our clients.
- We may contact you for marketing purposes by email, mail or telephone with relevant offers from Green Driving School.
We may also contact you for market research purposes.
- Green Driving School will not disclose buyers’ information to third parties other than when order details are
processed as part of order fulfilment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party. Data collected by us, is used to take and fulfill customer orders,
administer and enhance the site and service and we will only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes and inform you of seminars we think may be of interest to you, however,
you will always be given the option to opt-out of receiving these emails.
- Cookies are small text files used by a large percentage of websites assist a website in providing high quality, fully functional websites. They are an integral part
of providing an online shopping website.
- In addition to being necessary to allow you to use all parts of this website some cookies also collect information about how you use our website and so that we may
improve how people experience this website.
- By using and browsing our website you are consenting to cookies being used in accordance with this policy. If you do not consent you can disable cookies from within
your browser settings. For more information on doing this please visit aboutcookies.org.
- Orders will not be despatched until payment has been received in full and our order handling agency has confirmed this.
- We accept all major credit and debit cards with the exception of American Express.
- Card details are checked and verified by a third party and goods are despatched once authorisation has been obtained. All payments made in our online shop are
handled by a secure third party payment handling company and no credit card numbers are held in clear text on any website.
- Vouchers are sold to be used within six months and are not refundable.
- A contract is formed between Green Driving School and you when we despatch the goods you have ordered. Until the
goods are despatched the order may be cancelled. Exceptions apply to personalised items and goods made to order, which cannot be cancelled once you have received email confirmation that your order
has been accepted. For a list of exceptions please see Returns below. For security reasons, we may restrict the volumes of certain items to be sold in any one transaction. If you are ordering from
outside of the UK, our payment partner will convert your order into your relevant currency.
- Driving tuition: Has its own set of Terms and conditions please see below.
- Driving Course & Lesson refunds: please see “Refunds” below.
& Packaging, Delivery & Charges
- We do not charge extra for standard delivery. Postage within the UK mainland is sent by Royal Mail First Class. If you’d like your order delivered urgently, we
offer a Royal Mail Next Day service £5.99 (within the mainland UK, excludes Northern Ireland). Items are generally dispatched within 24 hours. Please call us if your order is urgent; we can arrange
express shipping on most items for a small extra charge. Overseas orders will be quoted before dispatch: we can ship to most countries, please call or email for a quote.
- If your order goes missing, let us know and we’ll promptly make a claim with the delivery company and dispatch a replacement product for you.
- You may return any item at your expense within 7 working days of receipt, in a new and unused condition and in its original packaging.
- Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive, which can be found at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2000/2334/contents/made.
- Prices of goods displayed in and ordered through the website may differ from prices at live events and seminars.
- All products are sold on the basis that they are suitable for the use described by the manufacturer.
- All orders for products are subject to availability.
- You have the right to cancel the contract at any time up to 7 days after you receive the goods or vouchers (see below). Please note that this policy has some
- Except in the case of faulty or misdescribed goods, if you exercise your right of cancellation after the goods have been delivered to you, you will be responsible
for returning the goods to The Behaviour Expert at your own cost. The goods must be returned to the address shown within the Contact Us section of the website. You must take reasonable care to ensure
the goods are not damaged in the meantime or in transit.
- Once you have notified us that you are cancelling the contract, we will refund or re-credit you within 14 days for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from
your credit card for the goods.
- Except in the case of faulty or misdescribed goods, if you do not return the goods as required, we may charge you a sum not exceeding the direct costs of recovering
- If you do have a complaint please write to Green Driving School, 38 James Square, Standish,Wigan,WN6 0JB. We welcome, learn from feedback and aim to deal with
complaints speedily and sympathetically. All complaints are logged, investigated and replied to.
- Complaints about driving tuition have their own process (see below).
- © Copyright 2018 Green Driving School – all rights reserved.
DRIVER TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
The contract for driving tuition is solely between you and your instructor
(your ‘Instructor’) who is a self-employed driving instructor .
These Terms and Conditions apply to that contract (between your instructor
and you the customer). The terms and conditions may change periodically and without notice. It’s your responsibility to check for any changes. These terms and conditions were last updated on 23rd
In taking driving having (driving lessons, intensive course, refresher
training etc.) booked by Green Driving School, you agree to theses terms and conditions.
- The Driving Instructor shall provide you with driving tuition at the rate per hour as agreed prior to the commencement of your lessons. The Current prices for
driving tuition can be found at prices-of-driving-lessons-courses. This allows you to make an informed decision of which
method of payment is best for you (e.g. Pay as you go or Block bookings).
- In the event of a mechanical breakdown of the tuition vehicle, or for any other reasonable reason, the Driving Instructor reserves the right to rearrange a
driving lesson to a time convenient to both you and the Instructor. If your instructor cancels a lesson within 48 hours and without a reasonable reason then your next hour of tuition will be free of
charge or added to the end of a block booking. This must be confirmed with your driving instructor at the time of cancellation, retrospective claims will not be accepted. Furthermore, we can not
accept liability for any loss of earnings due to cancellations, changes or delays in your driving tuition appointments.
- Lessons will be for a minimum of 1 hour in duration, if for any reason the instructor is running late he/she will make a concerted effort to inform the pupil of his
estimated time of arrival. Should the delay be greater than 15 minutes this time will be adjusted either by holding to credit or extending the next suitable lesson, this will be made at the
driving instructors own discretion.
- All fees include relevant insurance cover whilst driving the Tuition vehicle, (provided the pupil holds a valid licensed to drive and is of the correct age to
drive). And is accompanied by, or under the direction of a Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency Driving Instructor (Car) or on a Driving Test with an approved DVSA Examiner(s).
- If in the view of the Instructor, the pupil is unfit to carry out the lesson safely, due to self-induced circumstances (e.g. Alcohol or Drugs) a cancellation charge
- The Driving Instructor will always abide by the voluntary ‘Driving Instructors Code of Conduct’ (introduced by the Driving Standards Agency).
- The Driving instructor will also abide by the ‘Driving Instructors Association’s Code Of Conduct‘ (found at www.driving.org/dia-code-of-conduct).
- The training car is a NO Smoking area.
- To take on-road lessons, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have the required licence to drive under the tuition of an Instructor. To have driving lessons
in a motor vehicle, you must be at least 17 years old (but if you receive the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance, you can drive at 16) and hold a valid provisional
- You will be required to “share your licence entitlement” with your driving Instructor before your first lesson and have your plastic driving licence available to
check at the start of your first lesson.
- You have the responsibility to notify the driving school and your driving instructor of any changes to health or changes to your driving licence and/or entitlement
- You will be required to read a number plate. (The distance requirement for the eyesight test using old style number plates is 20.5 metres or 20 metres if the
new-style number plate is used.) This is your responsibility to check you can read the number plate at the correct distance.
- You must pay for each lesson in advance or at the start of a lesson. Payment for the current or next lesson should be made directly to your instructor . We accept
payment by Cash, Bank Transfer .
We have some services, driving lessons and bookings that you receive a
discount for, under the acceptance that no refunds will be given, changes can not be made to either the time or the date. These are clear when booking online ( they have *Non-Refundable* in the
description, you can always choose the more expensive “Cancellations & Changes up to 48 hours prior to lesson time” options). When booking over the phone you will be asked which option you
- Pre-payment lessons are accepted on the understanding refunds will not be given.
- You must give the Instructor at least 48 hours notice if you wish to cancel or change a driving lesson, otherwise, you will still be liable for the lesson fee in
respect of that lesson.
- You must give the Instructor at least 7 days notice if you wish to cancel or change a Driving Course or Block booking otherwise, you will still be liable for the
lesson fee in respect of that course.
- *Non-Refundable* Lessons booked will not be able to be changed, moved or altered in any way and refunds will not be given.
- Green Driving School and your Driving Instructor reserves the right to withhold the training vehicle, if in the
Instructors opinion; the pupil does not reach the required standard or is a danger to the public, all reasonable effort will be made to ensure the candidate will be informed before the last date to
cancel the test so as not to lose their test fee.
- The school cannot be held responsible for Test Appointments being postponed or cancelled by the Driving Standards Agency and our normal charges will apply.
Furthermore, we are not responsible for any failure of light bulbs etc. during the Practical test. All bulbs/lights etc. will be checked at the start of the lesson, with the candidate.
- Green Driving School and your Driving Instructor do not guarantee that you can pass a driving test at an allocated
time. If you are not ready for the test, your Driving Instructor will endeavour to notify you as early as possible to allow you to change your test without losing the test fee. Furthermore, we can
not be responsible for the test fee or any loss of time or earnings due to the test being moved, changed or cancelled either by us or the DVSA.
- Test Fees are not included in the price of driving tuition.
- On your Driving Test you must ensure that you bring with you, your Theory Test Pass Certificate and Your valid UK or Northern Ireland Driving Licence (This
must be a new style photo-card license).
- You are responsible to ensure you have given your driving instructor the correct details (Time, date and test centre) of your test.
- Your instructor accepts no liability for personal property that is left in any training vehicle. However, all efforts will be made to keep any lost property
and return them on the next lesson or they can be collected at the end of the day from the Instructors home or place of work.
- All pupils should ensure that Mobile Phones are switched off, prior to entering the tuition vehicle, for safety reasons. Please also note our Instructors will
not use a mobile phone whilst the vehicle is moving on a driving lesson. If you need to contact the occupants in an emergency then keep calling and when safe the car will be stopped and the mobile
- Vouchers sold by Green Driving School or our Driving Instructors have a 6 (Six) Month expiry from the date you
- We do not give refunds on vouchers.
*Non-Refundable* bookings are not included in this process as refunds are
We DON’T normally offer refunds for
If you want any remaining hours refunded, YOU MUST get your driving
instructor to agree with it in writing before you pay/start your driving lessons(s) or course.
YOU MUST be fully up-to-date with any payments and have no previously
cancelled lessons to be considered for a refund.
When we do work out a refund we use the following widely
If You Pay
Per Hour For Driving Lessons:
If you pay per hour then you will be entitled to the amount you have paid
for that lesson minus our admin fee of £25.
e.g. if you have paid £50 for the lessons you will be given £50-£25 = £25
If You Have
Paid Upfront For A Driving Lesson(S), A Driving Course Or Have Paid Through A Special Offer Or Discounted Rate:
We will work out any refunds due by using our hourly rate for any lessons
taken minus our admin fee. You will also lose any booking fees and or deposits you have paid before the course. You may also lose any DVSA test fee if we have booked this and it’s too late to
change or cancel it in line with the DVSA’s policy.
e.g. if you pay for 10 hours of tuition and only use 6 hours, we will
work out any refund due by multiplying the current hourly rate by 6 (amount used) adding the admin fee (£25) and then taking it away from the amount you paid, then have the remaining balance
This example above would mean you would have 6 hours charged at £168 add
£25 (admin fee) = £193. You will then have 193 subtracted from the amount you paid (£230 in this example) which will then give you the amount due as a refund of £37 in this example.
Made To Green Driving School And/Or Your Driving Instructor
Where Green Driving School
receives your payments for driving tuition, makes bookings with, or arranges payments to your Instructor, they act solely in a disclosed booking agency capacity between you and your instructor.
Alternatively, you can pay your Instructor directly. Your instructor will
confirm which payment methods they accept. If you pay your Instructor directly you should obtain a receipt. Green Driving School is not party to the
contract between you and your Instructor and as such it accepts no responsibility for any payments you make directly to your Instructor.
We have a simple to follow complaints process, you must follow each stage
before you can move to the next stage:
- Contact you Driving Instructor to try to come to an agreement.
- If you don’t get an agreement you think is correct then you can email the customer service email (email@example.com) and we will endeavour to
investigate all emails fully and reply to your email within 10-14 working days of receiving it (not including any staff holiday time).
- If you are still not happy with the email reply. You can ask for a meeting in person at our head office. This will be with yourself (or a representative if you are
under 18), your driving instructor and member of our management team. The idea of this meeting is so that both parties can air their grievances and come to a mutual agreement. This meeting will be
arranged by Green Driving School on your request at a mutually convenient date.
- If you are still not happy with the decision, you can ask for Mediation to begin. We recognise UCLAN Mediation Clinic and will contact them an provide your
information for them to contact you if you require us to do so.
- If you still believe you have not been provided with a satisfactory business service you can contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau for guidance or if you are still unhappy with your
instructor’s professional service, you can contact the ADI Registrar by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not follow this complaints procedure, we cannot guarantee a
Instructor Training Terms And Conditions
Terms and conditions for driving instructors and trainee driving
instructors can be found here
The images, logos and names on this website which identify Green Driving School or third parties
and/or their products and services are held by Green
Driving School and/or the relevant third parties.
Whilst Green Driving School has taken care in the preparation of the contents of this
website, this website and the information held on it.Green Driving School can not be held liable for any inaccuracies and will accept no liability for the accuracy or completeness of information contained on
it, unless via law in England and Wales.
We do not warrant that this website will be uninterrupted or error-free,
virus or bug-free or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. If you are in doubt please contact us.
Links To Other Websites
Links (hypertext links) to other websites are given for your ease of use,
however, we do not have any control of the content of external websites, as such we can not be held responsible for any inaccuracies or issues you may have when on an external website.